There are great garden plotting software available for those with the space to dream big. I've used a software from Better Homes & Gardens with some neat layouts. You should also plan what crops you would like to grow and inventor what seeds you have from last year.
I hope this year to have returning crops and plant a huge group of bulbs. Slowly I'd like to have a returning garden. Last year I added flowering bulbs and 4 more fig bushes, 2 purple plums, and a cocktail tree.
Here are some regional tips for gardening in February. However since February weather is so unpredictable, you'll have to use some judgment.
- Prune trees and shrubs, both ornamental s and fruit
- Check flower beds for plants that may have heaved
- Replace mulch as needed
- Check outside plants and trees for animal damage
- Cut some branches for forcing indoors
- Rejuvenate holly bushes with a hard pruning
- Check evergreens for sign of desiccation
- Start seeds of cool season vegetables and flowers