1st Batch of Home Grown Strawberry Rhubarb
4 Cups Chopped Rhubarb
Rhubarb and Sugar to sit overnight.
Cleaned whole strawberries
Stawberries added to boiling Rhubarb
Strawberry Rhubarb Preserves
4 Cups cleaned chopped Rhubarb
4 Cups Whole cleaned Strawberries
6 1/2 Cups Sugar
Juice of 3 limes or lemon
- Sprinkle pieces of rhubarb with sugar, let set 12 hours.
- Place sugar and rhubarb in heavy bottom pot over medium heat.
- Bring rhubarb mixture to a boil.
- Once at a hard boil add Strawberries.
- Stir constantly
- Boil hard for 15 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat
- Ladle hot preserves into hot jars leaving 1/2" head space.
- Remove trapped air bubbles.
- Wipe jar then adjust two piece caps.
- Process jars in boiling water canner for 20 minutes