Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Vegan Dream

Lately I have been trying to eat less meat and more of my wonderful home canned veggies. So last night I made a 30 minute meal that knocked my socks off. :) I cook by smell mostly so when I invent dishes the smell really stands out. This dish could be sniffed 3 stories up in my house it was so aromatic! I was inspired by basic Mediterranean herbs and seasonings with a twist of course.




Ingredients for the Rice

1 cup jasmine white rice
1 teaspoon truffle oil
1 tablespoon garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1/8  teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dill

Ingredients for the mixed Veggies

6 cups cleaned large chopped kale greens (or if using non-fresh 1 quart jar with liquid)
4 cups yellow squash cut in medium rounds (or if using non-fresh 1 quart jar with liquid)
2 whole tomatoes
3 med onions (I used mixed colors)
1 tablespoon garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1/8  teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dill

  • Combine rice, truffle oil, garlic, lemon juice, zest, salt, dill, and 2 cups water in large sauce pot then bring to boil over medium. Reduce heat to low and cover for 30 minutes.
  • In a large sauce pot combine greens, squash, tomatoes, onions, and 5 cups water then bring to boil. Add in garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and dill. Cook all until tender.
  • Remove from heat fluff rice and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment