· 4 eggs
· 2 cups sugar
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· Pinch of salt
· 1 vanilla extract or other flavoring
· 1 cup milk
· 1/4 pound (1 stick) butter
· 1 cup pineapple
· 1 cup rhubarb mixture
· ½ cup coconut
· ½ cup nuts
· * Optional 4 oat meal raisin cookies smashed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9-inch cake pan.
2. Beat eggs well -- until light (5-10 minutes).
3. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
4. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add to creamed mixture and fold together.
6. Heat milk and butter in a saucepan until hot.
7. Add hot milk mixture and vanilla to cake batter and stir until combined.
8. In a sauce pot over medium heat add rhubarb, nuts, and coconut.
9. Slowly heat until just barely soft.
10. In greased cake pan line the bottom with sprinkle of brown sugar.
11. On top of the brown sugar place pineapple pieces in any pattern of your choice.
12. Cover pineapple piece in a light even layer of rhubarb mash.
13. * If using cookie crumbles add very thin even layer of cookie crumbs.
14. Then pour cake mix over other layers.
15. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
16. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes then flip over on serving dish.
Serve cold or warm!